Monday, April 28, 2008

More hippy dippy every day

So, not too long ago I mentioned our new yogurt maker. It’s been quite a success. I use organic 2% milk, and for about $1.50 I get 6 6-ounce containers of yogurt. You don’t flavor it until it’s done, and the kids love picking what to add! Frozen blueberries and a little honey are the top choice. My only small quibble is that I didn’t realize that you have to boil the milk and let it cool to room temperature before refrigerating and ultimately consuming the yogurt. It adds about an hour to the 10-hour cycle. Not the end of the world, but still a little more involved than I had anticipated.

Speaking of more involved than anticipated, I wanted to be all fancy and make one of those links that show you the product when you hover over the link. You see how well that went. Anyway, that's our yogurt maker. Very basic. I'm using baby food jars from a friend for a spare set. The tall kind.

No comments: