Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Boo has been making Christmas cards for a few years now. I'd say three, maybe four. She has always enjoyed doing crafts, so it seemed like a good way to channel her energy for the weeks leading up to the holidays. I always had extra store-bought cards for if/when her creativity dried up. I certainly didn't want to be some horrible mom, forcing the poor kid to make card after card, the tears and the glitter mingling.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Another idea that I am using comes from Bitch Ph.D. A booklet of certificates for activities, instead of things. Makes a great stocking stuffer!
- good for one trip to the playground
- good for one trip to [local pizza joint]
- good for one trip to the park
- good for one trip to the library
- good for one playdate with a friend
- good for one trip to the pool
- good for one trip to the zoo
- good for one trip to the Morton Arboretum
- good for one hour of cuddle time in bed
- good for one movie with popcorn
- good for one bike ride
- good for one obstacle course challenge
- good for one session of cookie baking
- good for one picnic
I'm going print them out on fancy paper, cut them out and staple them into a book. I'll probably draw pictures to explain them for Nea.
Because, as we all know deep down inside, our kids really want to hang out and have fun with us more than they want another Littlest Pet Shop toy or video game. At least that's what I believe.