Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Walking

I love walking. Especially on a beautiful fall day like today. Sent Nea off on the bus, walked Boo to school, and continued on the bike path. When I reached the top of the bridge crossing the highway, I waved at the cars going by. No one waved back. Why is everyone so cranky?

I waved at four UPS trucks. People being paid while driving down the highway. They didn't wave back, either. What could they be so cranky about? Is it the brown?

I gave up and walked some more. Still plenty of color on the trees to enjoy.

~~~~~

I have set comments to "open to all." Please don't bother telling me about typos or grammatical mistakes. I don't care. I write professionally for 24 hours a week, but I don't get paid here. Feel free to comment on content, though!

Speaking of typos, I learned recently that some of my friends spellcheck their email only when writing to me. I guess it's a bit of the English teacher disease one hears about. "Oh, I'll have to watch my grammar, then!" Please don't. I'm not going to think less of you if you misspell something. I probably won't even notice.

As a gesture of goodwill, I have left the trailing underlined space after the first "brown bear" link in my very first post. It's been bothering me ever since, and is exactly the sort of thing that I hate at work, but ha! It's my blog, and I'll be sloppy if I want.

No comments: