- Too many activities are perhaps overkill, but one or two games or organized fun events are helpful.
- If you are starting the party at 1 or 2 pm but plan to serve a full meal, mention it in the invitation.
- If a lot of people will be smoking right next to the kids, mention it in the invitation? Or something?
- If you said “no gifts please” don’t prominently display the presents that were brought.
- Anything over a pound of candy per kid to take home is excessive.
- Filling the goodie bag with toys that will break and become landfill within 5 minutes is not the goal.
- Champagne party poppers are a bad idea for the under 6 set. See the warning label for details.
I’m sure I’ve forgotten plenty of tips. Let me know what you have experienced first-hand at parties. All of the above happened at a party we attended yesterday. Unreal.
Casa De Mentia
1 day ago