Thursday, January 10, 2008

Confession and BIG NEWS

Dear Perfect Writer,

I have a confession, and I don't know who else to turn to. I was in a hurry when I scrawled a note to my daughter's teacher yesterday, and I misspelled "initiate." I spelled it "iniciate." I knew I should have used a simpler word, especially since I was writing to a spec ed elem school teacher. They aren't generally that bright, and they tend to wear those stupid holiday sweaters. Also, for some reason they tend to be short and overweight with very conservative hairstyles. What's more, they don't seem to understand my child's brilliance.* But I digress. So far I have held back from writing a second note, correcting my first note. Thanks for listening.

Sincerely, Embarrassed Tech Writer

* I have some serious reservations about this particular teacher. Please don’t take offense if you are also in this particular profession and are a caring, listening individual. I’m just venting.



Big news!

Nea is in training pants (we call them underwear, of course) during the day! Naturally she wears reusable at home, but pull-ups at school. She even went out to dinner with us in “undies” last night!

:: breaks into song ::

1 comment:

Steve said...

Years from now this child will be using her direct neural link to the interwebs and learn that there were once things called blogs...and that her mother kept one...and shared some very private details about her for all the world to see.

And man, is mom going to be in trouble when that day comes.