Saturday, January 31, 2009

Muesli

OK, this is a somewhat weak recipe, but the real meaning behind it makes it loom large in my mind. I wrote it down and pasted it into my recipe file twenty years ago. Someone I just reconnected with on Facebook* asked for it, too. Throw in the fact that this stuff is horribly overpriced at Ikea and other fine retailers. So, here it is.

What we ate at Waldsee (German camp in Bemidji, MN) way back when. I bet they still do.

Muesli

Rolled oats
Corn flakes, puffed rice, or other cereal
Sliced almonds or other nuts
Dried cranberries, raisins, apricots, bananas, whatever
Brown sugar to taste

Serve with milk, yogurt, and fresh fruit as desired.



*You might be hearing that phrase from a lot of people these days. Seems like the entire 35-42 demographic just signed up recently. Gen X in the house, man.

1 comment:

Hailey said...

This was my favorite part of the day at Waldsee!
I felt like crap the whole time, but when I woke up I was ready to eat this yummy stuff :]