- Take crockpot. Place on counter. Put in half a stick of butter. Let it melt.
- Chop up enough onions to completely fill crockpot. Place onions in crockpot.
- After 4-6 hours, let onions cool. Place them (including yummy liquid) thinly layered on baking pan. Freeze.
- When fully frozen, break onions into chunks and put into ziplock bag. Return to freezer.
- Run around and live life. Realize you are hungry. Select recipe that states “chop and sauté onions until golden brown/soft/etc., approximately 15 minutes.”
- Snort with derision. Take some of your prepared onions out of freezer and use. Voila! You just saved a bunch of time.
Off for kids' fall break
1 week ago