Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Freezing the money

What lovely weather we are enjoying. It rained on top of the snow, then it sleeted. Now it’s snowing. In an interesting turn of events, several towns around here are out of road salt! And it’s coming down in cute fluffy buckets.

But it’s a beautiful, sunny day in my head … For the first time, Nea said she wanted to go potty! Woooo hooo!

Speaking of winter, here’s a handy link for parents and students: School closings in the Chicagoland area.


Another fab event today – N agreed to a “no-spend” rest of February! We have a few nights out planned already, and we’ll go ahead and enjoy them. But no purchases or eating out for the next 23 days, other than food and gas. We did just get a birthday party invitation today, but plenty in the gift closet for that birthday girl! And my coworker is having a baby, but I have a whole stack of new books saved up! It’s a whole library-palooza for Baby L.

Anyway. Back to my point. This means we should be able to pay down the home equity line faster, which is good, because the Home Depot zero percent financing doesn’t last forever. And if we don’t have to move that onto the home equity account … I mean, I love the new kitchen, but debt sucks, and I’m not used to paying any interest on any credit cards or any other revolving credit.

No comments: