Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dinner

N is making fish tacos and this recipe. Yum yum. I really like that it's brown rice nutrition without the brown rice bland. Those are Stacia's very amusing directions, below.

Stacia’s Spanish Rice
4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 med onion, chopped
1/2 - 3/4 bag Trader Joe's frozen red, yellow and green pepper strips, chopped
1 cup brown rice
1 1/4 cup water
1 14oz can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
Chili powder, 2-3 tsp
1 tsp sugar
Salt
Pepper

A little cayenne

In sauce pan, heat some oil, add garlic, onion, frozen peppers and cook for a bit, maybe until the peppers are pretty well thawed and its starting to come together, toss in the rest of the stuff, cover and simmer for a while. I honestly have no idea about how long I cook it, maybe an hour or so.

I check it and stir occasionally because it'll start to thicken up. I usually have to add more water later if the rice isn't cooked all the way, just like 1/4 c or so; apparently I never really measure or time anything.

No comments: