Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Books for the Littlest "Readers"

I was giving someone a tour of our bookshelves a few weeks ago and realized how many books I love. Why this is a revelation is unclear. Anyway, since I can't possibly type up all of them at once, here's just the board books we own and love.

Board books to sing

I Don’t Want to Live on the Moon – Jeff Moss
Snugglepuppy – Sandra Boynton
The Belly Button Book – Sandra Boynton
Over in the Meadow by Ezra Jack Keats (ok, not a board book. Whatever.)
If You Were My Bunny – Kate McMullan

Other top-notch board books my kids love

Dear Zoo – Rod Campbell
What Makes a Rainbow? – Betty Schwartz
Machines at Work – Byron Barton
Arthur’s New Puppy – Marc Brown
My Many Colored Days – Dr. Seuss
First Book of Sushi – Amy Wilson Sanger
Where is Elmo’s Blanket? – Shana Corey
Good Night, Gorilla – Peggy Rathmann

And really anything by Boynton, Barton, Richard Scarry, Lucy Cousins, and Maurice Pledger.

No comments: