1 tsp salt (or to taste)
¼ tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
2 tsp minced garlic
½ tsp basil
½ tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley
¼ cup ketchup
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
1 ½ cups bread crumbs
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 cup boiling water
½ cup chopped celery
½ cup chopped carrots
½ cup chopped onions
1 cup shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
2 pounds lean ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat egg with all ingredients through bread crumbs.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water and add to bowl. Mix in rest of ingredients.
- Press the meat mixture into a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.