Here's a good resource with more information: http://www.newdream.org/water/
From that site:
Top Five Reasons to Give Up Bottled Water
- Disposable plastic water bottles are not meant for multiple uses.
- Bottled water is full of oil.
- Bottled water is expensive!
- Your tap water is fine to drink.
- At least 40 percent of bottled water is tap water anyway.
- Check your water utility’s “Consumer Confidence Report.”
- Have multiple reusable bottles available to suit all your life’s needs.
- Encourage your local city officials to create a policy to limit municipal spending (i.e., your hard-earned tax dollars) on bottled water to emergency needs only.
- Talk to your office manager about the water situation at your workplace.
- Spread the word to friends and family about the environmental and financial problems with bottled water.