Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Brain, Child

I subscribed to Brain, Child magazine for a few years and gave several subscriptions to friends, especially as a baby gift for a second child. I really like the non-commercialized, literary flavor. Such a departure from Parents magazine and all those other “buy this to make your kid happy – spend, spend, spend” philosophizing rags.

But I’m not very good at magazines. I never get rid of them, and they pile up. The magazine generally does have a few articles available online, and I stopped by their site today.

Even though this isn’t the sort of medical issue we’ve had with either of our girls, this story really hit home for me. The frustration with the medical establishment? Yeah, check. Sing it, sister, and keep on singing until someone gets it right.

No comments: