Friday, June 6, 2014

What to wear to your triathlon


OK, I'm more excited about the race now. The weather looks a little crappy (68 degrees, rain possible), but I had a great bike/run workout this week, and swimming is a breeze, so it's all good. Started packing up stuff. I have fancy socks. They are labeled "L" and "R" so you know that's quality stuff. Recently bought new running shoes, bike odometer, googles, the shirt and shorts. I tested them all out. Should be good.

Here's my list:

Goggles (x2)
Neoprene Cap
Swimsuit
Water Bottles (filled)
Helmet
Sports bra
Socks
Shirt
Shorts
Bike (important!) with pump and spare tube
Cycling shoes
Running shoes
Visor
Hair tie
Sunglasses
Clothing to change into post-race, sandals
Two towels (one to stand on, one to dry)
Snack, Gatorade
Disposable warm clothing for waiting to start
Map, info sheet
Plastic bags
Cell phone
Race number, timing chip with strap
Bucket to sit on (shut up. I'm old now.)
Bike computer
Inhaler
Kleenex

Make your own here:
Triathlon race checklist

Apparently, all the cool kids will be wearing wetsuits (as usual), but I have once again decided that since this is my last! triathlon! EVER!!! there is no point in buying one.

1 comment:

arlopop said...

Writing this on Sunday. Did you do the Tri yesterday?