Today is our first day of summer. School ended on Friday, but the weekend obviously doesn’t count.
I’m just documenting our summer so that in a few years, I can look back on this and laugh.
- Camp Invention for the fourth year running. Science camp, 5 full days, at a grade school a mile away. Full of kids we know!
- Farmhands camp. 3 full days, run by the forest preserve. Signed up the same week as 3 other families! Bonus: Hot lunch included that the kids cook/bake themselves.
- Blues Busters Camp. Run by the park district next to ours, 3 full days. Way too much paperwork for such a short session. Last year we did 2 weeks here, but it’s twice the price of our local park district, plus we … are a little busy.
- Intensive Dance Camp, 5 half days. Run by our park district.
- Band camp for Boo, 5 short sessions. She is taking up the clarinet!
- Extended School Year for Linnea, mornings in July. Her fifth summer attending. Seven miles away this year. Bus provided.
- Hannah, from down the street. 3 weeks of 3 days each. So nice to have a local young babysitter. She brings crafts and fun ideas, and the girls love her.
- Oma, sporadic days throughout the summer. German immersion! When she’s not busy with Knitting Camp! (She’s been going for at least 11 years.)
- And, not completely settled, but very probably, three 90-minute sessions weekly (for 7 weeks) of Language to Literacy, run by a local speech center, but not our usual private SLP. 3 blocks away! Covered by insurance!!
- Plus our regular tutoring and speech therapy.
- Plus workbooks, reading at home, general educational stuff.
- There's been talk regarding scheduling swim lessons, but I refuse to even look at the schedule until, I dunno, later. When I feel less overwhelmed. At some point. In the future.
I need to go get a cold compress. Oh, my head. Oh, the paperwork and logistics.
For comparison, last summer was also insane.