Friday, September 10, 2010

Today's Botany Public Service Announcement

Do not plant a Goldenrain tree (Koelreuteria paniculata). Do not encourage others to grow one. Do not buy one for a friend. If your next door neighbor talks about getting one, do whatever it takes to dissuade them. Offer to buy them something else if need be. It would be well worth your investment.

If I never have to pull up another damn 10,000 seedlings, that would be ok. If only my neighbor didn't love the stupid thing so much. I've already pruned the hell out of it on my side of the fence. And the damn tree is technically on our property, which just pisses me off more. God, I hate that tree.

The word "invasive" should always preface the name of the damn tree. I'm outside CHICAGO in ZONE FIVE. Winters apparently don't slow this devil spawn plant.


If you would like to view the Goldenrain tree in a safe virtual environment, that is probably ok. Probably. Check your shoes when you're done, though. Don't carry any seedpods out with you.

No comments: